Connect a Zapier Account to your Handshake Account to export orders to Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, and other locations!
To get this setup, follow these steps!
Note: We highly recommend you set up your own Zapier Account and setup the order exports in your private account. The Handshake order exports through Zapier requires at least a "Starter" plan with Zapier, which is $19.99 billed annually(as of 10/15/2019). This plan includes up to 750 export runs per month. Having your own Zapier account allows you to track error messages yourself, keeps your file storage location credentials in your own account, and also gives you access to the many other integrations that Zapier offers. Their full plan details are listed on this page: https://zapier.com/pricing
If you do not want to set up your own individual Zapier account or do not want to incur any additional charges, we can set up a Zap on our own Handshake Zapier account. This will come at no charge but will require setup with a member of our support team so that we can connect your file storage location in our account. Error messages will also not be available and any changes to the order destination will require support intervention. None of the other Zapier features will be available if we connect your file storage location to our Handshake account.
- Start by going to Zapier(https://zapier.com/) and click Sign Up to create a new account if you do not already have one
The Handshake Zap we are setting up will not require a premium Zapier account
- Follow the steps to create an account(you can click Skip when it asks you to pick a role if desired)
- In Zapier, click Make a Zap!
- Under Built-in Apps, click Show All
- Click Webhooks by Zapier
- Under Choose Trigger Event, click Catch Hook, then continue
- Next to Custom Webhook Url, click Copy
You must complete steps 8-12 now, otherwise you will have issues on step 13
- Login to your Handshake account in Hub: app.handshake.com
- Navigate to the Scheduled Order Exports setup page, Setup > Bulk Import/Export > Orders > Schedule Exports
- Scroll to the bottom, and click Choose Zapier
- Paste the URL from step 7 into the box, and click save
- Head back into Zapier, and click continue
- Click Test & Continue, and you should be brought to a prompt to create a second Zap step
If the page says waiting for response and does not continue, please ensure steps 7-11 have been completed!
At this point, your Handshake account will now be ready to send orders to Zapier! The next step is to connect your Cloud Storage Account so we can put the orders in it!
- You should be on step 2 of your Zap
- Search for your Cloud Storage Account(Drive, Dropbox, etc) app
Dropbox is used in these screenshots but the steps will be almost the same for Google Drive and Box
- Under Choose Action Event, click Upload File, then continue
- If this is a new Zap, sign into your account via the Sign in Button and follow the steps to connect
- If you already have connected your account, just select that one or click Edit Accounts to add a new one
- After clicking Continue, you should see a “Customize File” page with a number of options. Some providers will have more required fields than others, such as Dropbox needing you to pick a folder. For Dropbox, clicking into the Folder field will pull up a list of your Dropbox folders to select from.
- All locations will need to select a file; in the File field, click the selector icon on the right side
- In the resulting drop down, click the File button. It should have “http://example.com/test3/” next to it
If you don’t see a file option here, please double check that steps 7-13 have been completed in the first section!
- The optional fields can be left blank, Handshake will use the file name entered on the scheduled order export page.
- Click continue, then skip the test upload step, we are going to test with the Handshake button
- You can enter a name for the Zap to help you find it later
- Enable the Zap, then if you have any test orders setup, go back to the Scheduled Orders Export page, Enable Exports if not already enabled and save. Then, click Test Export
- If everything was setup correctly, you should get a success message in Handshake, and if you check your Storage location you should see your new file!
You can always find the status of your Zap in the My Zaps section of Zapier.
As always, if you need any assistance please reach out to us at email@example.com and we’ll be glad to help!