To process payments on Handshake Hub and across the Handshake platform, you must connect a payment gateway.
Once connected, all credit card information will be stored in the vault of the payment gateway you have selected, and any payment transactions initiated in Handshake will be processed by your gateway.
Note: You should know that some, but not all, payment gateways allow Handshake to migrate existing credit cards stored in Handshake over to the payment gateway vault.
If you already have existing cards stored in Handshake when you connect your gateway, what happens to your existing cards will depend on whether the gateway supports card migration:
- If the gateway supports credit card migration: all credit cards will be safely transmitted to the gateway.
- If the gateway does not support credit card migration: any previously stored cards will be deleted.
Visit the Handshake Hub integrations page to connect a gateway and start processing payments on Handshake.
- Payments on Handshake Hub
- Payments on Handshake Direct
- Payments on Handshake Rep
- Accept Payments with Stripe
- Accept Payments with Square