Are you experiencing errors with your QuickBooks sync?
If so, take a look below on how to access the error logs:
- In Handshake Hub, your Handshake Admin Web Portal, please navigate to your QuickBooks integration page.
- Click on “Setup”
- Click on “Integrations”
- Click on the button that says either “QuickBooks Desktop Dashboard” or “QuickBooks Online Dashboard”
- Under the Blue “Sync Now” you should see a section labeled “Logs”. You can filter these logs to show Recent Syncs, Failed Syncs, Successful Syncs, and All Syncs. Filter by Failed Syncs. Look in the “Errors” column to see how many errors you’ll be looking for in your logs. Then click the “Details” button. Here you should see one of the following, or a similar error message. See below for tips on how to troubleshoot each error:
Error connecting to QuickBooks. Please ensure that the Atom and QuickBooks are running.
- Ensure that the PC where your Desktop Atom is installed is turned on
- Check that the Atom is turned on:
- Search your computer for “Desktop Atom”
- Right click on the application and select “Run As Administrator”
- "Turn off" the "Keep QB running for quick startup" option under General -> My preference.
- Ensure that there is only 1 open company file
There was a dialog window open in QuickBooks - please close the window and rerun the sync.
- Navigate to QuickBooks and close any open windows or pop ups
Orders with Handshake Id “5555” failed with error message: "There is an invalid reference to QuickBooks Term "NET 30" in the SalesOrder. QuickBooks error message: Invalid argument. The specified record does not exist in the list."
- This is one example of an order syncing error. You’ll notice that your order syncing error references a specific order number. It also includes a more specific error message. In this case, the payment term “NET 30” does not exist in QuickBooks. You would have to add this term to your QuickBooks for the order to correctly sync over.
Orders with Handshake Id 789 failed with error message: "The string "Ron Swanson / Parks and Rec Director" in the field "LastName" is too long."
- This is another example of an order syncing error. This error message references the Last Name field on the order, and by extension, the customer. Here you would need to shorten the “Contact” field for the order to sync over.
"Error creating HS Customer ID: “12345”, Name: [Mary Poppins] into QBO. The customer on the order does not have a QuickBooks ID associated with it; attempting to create a Customer with this name on QBO returns a duplicate error message. Another customer, vendor or employee is already using this name. Please use a different name ".
- This is one example of a customer syncing error. You’ll notice that your customer syncing error references a specific customer ID. It also includes a more specific error message. In this case, there is an error as Handshake is attempting to create a duplicate customer in QuickBooks. You will need to change the customer name or merge the duplicate customer records.
If you’re still experiencing difficulty after completing these troubleshooting steps, then please contact us at [email protected] letting us know which steps you’ve taken. Include the following information:
- What error message are you receiving?
- What time did this error occur?
- How long has this issue been persisting?