- Does Handshake work offline?
- Is Handshake secure?
- How do I create a new customer in the app?
- How do I discount an item or create a customer group discount?
- How do I set up Handshake so that reps so only see their own customers and orders?
- Can I create new products on the iPad or iPhone app?
- Can I load multiple images for an item?
- Can I customize the sequence of order IDs Handshake generates?
- Can I print a copy of a Handshake order?
- What languages does Handshake support?
Yes! Please see this article for more information.
Please see this article for more information.
Check out one of the following articles:
- Applying one-time discounts in Handshake for iPad or iPhone
- Setting a percent discount for a customer in Handshake for iPad or iPhone
- Setting a percent discount for your customers in bulk on the website
- Setting a percentage or dollar total discount off an entire order in Handshake for iPad or iPhone
- Representing a "Buy X, Get Y" promotion in your cart in Handshake for iPad or iPhone
- Setting up price lists by customer group on the website
You can use Handshake's "User Groups" permissioning system. Check out this article for more information.
No. Since you're often creating many products at a time, we require that product setup takes place on the web. We believe this also minimizes confusion and inconsistency. Handshake's website is the best place for creating, editing and managing your product catalog.
Yes! Check out this article for more information.
No. The IDs that are assigned to orders by Handshake cannot be manually controlled. This is a side effect of Handshake being both a distributed system (i.e. multi-user) and a partially connected system (i.e. users are sometimes offline).
Those two things together means that Handshake has to be very careful about how it allocates IDs (including customer, order IDs) to ensure that two users on the same account don't accidentally end up using the same IDs for different things (which would corrupt the database and make Jack a very dull boy).
This means that the server allocates IDs in a very specific way to avoid these conflicts and this allocation scheme cannot be customized to match a user-desired pattern or even to be strictly in-order. This is a necessary side-effect of one of Handshake's great features: that it allows simultaneous offline usage by multiple users without conflict.
Yes! You can print from both the iPad/iPhone App and from the website. Please see this article for more information.
Yes! You can read more here.
Currently, Handshake supports the following languages: English, German, Greek, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese (Brazil and Portugal) and Russian.
This change can be made in the Settings on your actual device and once you reload Handshake it will switch over to the new language you set.
Please visit: Settings > General > International > Language