Handshake has a simple order status system that allows you to indicate the current status of an order as it moves through towards completion.
We deliberately provide generic-sounding order statuses because we try to assume as little as possible about your particular order writing process. As such, the statuses are little more than labels that you can interpret to mean whatever you want.
At this point, the only functional difference between any of the order statuses is that the final two (Processing and Complete) lock the orders and prevent them from being edited on iPads / iPhones.
What are the order statuses?
The following are the rough meanings of each of the order statuses, although as noted above, you are free to interpret them to mean whatever you like.
- Open - This order is still being written.
- Hold for confirm - We're done writing but need additional confirmation before we begin processing the order.
- Confirmed - We're done writing and are ready for our back-office staff to begin processing the order.
- Processing - Our back office has begun invoicing & shipping the order. The order cannot be edited from the iPad / iPhone in this status.
- Complete - The order has been shipped / delivered to the customer. The order cannot be edited from the iPad / iPhone in this status.
How do I change an order status on iPad / iPhone?
To change the status of an order, open the order and switch to the "Finishing Up" tab. At the very top of that screen there is a button that allows you to set the order status.
Note that the user is not allowed to mark an order as Processing or Complete from here, since this is a function only the back office should be performing.
How do I change a single order status from the website?
To change a single order status on the website:
- Click into the order from the order list page.
- Choose the new order status from the Status drop-down menu.
- Click Save.
How do I change the status of multiple orders from the website?
- Go to the orders list.
- Select the checkboxes for the orders you wish to change the status of.
- Click the Bulk Actions menu and select Change Status.