Keep your sales team, back office staff, and customers up to date with the latest information they need by connecting your Handshake b2b commerce platform and Xero.
This article will show you how to manage your sync profile after the initial set up. From the SyncApps landing page you'll want to click LOGIN in the top right corner and sign in with your email and password.
and then click the box that says Connect to Xero.
A window will pop up asking you to log in with your Xero account credentials.
Log in and from the drop down menu select the company file you are integrating with Handshake. Then click the authorize button.
Once successfully authorized you will see your SyncApps page has been updated to show you are now connected.
Click where it says 'Next' or 'Save' to move on to section 2 where you'll need to enter your API key. You can generate (or re-generate) and retrieve your API key via your user page. Copy and paste your API key into the field on this section of the SyncApps page and click 'Save' in order to save your settings when done.
Click where it says 'Next' or 'Save' to move on to section 3 to configure your sync preferences.
- Sync Handshake Customer with Orders Only - If this option is checked, new customer entries in Handshake will sync to Xero only when there is also and order written for that customer. If unchecked, customers will sync from Handshake to Xero regardless of if there is an order written for that customer or not.
- Do not match Handshake Customers using customer name - If you have customers with unique names throughout your database, you will want to leave this box unchecked. If there are customer with identical names then you will want to check this box off. Customers will be matched based on the email address on file instead of the customer name field.
- Xero Address Type to Sync - Customers that sync from Xero to Handshake will either pull they physical address or the postal address based on the option you choose from the drop down menu.
- Default Product Category - As products sync over from Xero to Handshake, you can determine the product category where these products will show up in Handshake.
- Sync Item Inventory - If this box is checked, product inventory levels will sync over from Xero to Handshake.
- Default Warehouse Name - If the syncing of item inventory is enabled, you can choose the warehouse name in Handshake that these inventory levels are associated with.
- Handshake order status to be synced - Choose the Handshake order status that determines when an order can sync from Handshake to Xero
- Chart of Accounts Code for Discount - In Handshake you have the ability to apply a discount to the order total. Using this drop down you can determine the discount code that will appear on the Xero invoice when order syncs over from Handshake in to Xero.
*Make sure to to click 'Next' or 'Save' once you've configured these settings to your liking.*
Click where it says 'Next' or 'Save' to move on to section 4. From the drop down options you can change the mapping of the available fields from Xero to Handshake and vice versa. If you skip this step, the default mappings will be applied.
Click where it says 'Next' or 'Save' to move on to section 5 to configure your sync schedule. Select from the available options
The settings section on the left side of the page will give you options for receiving email notifications if there are sync errors.
After everything is set up between Handshake and Xero, you can monitor the sync activity from the home page of your sync profile. Click the red 'Find out more' button on the right to receive additional details of a specific sync.
*Keep in mind that Handshake does not support tax. Orders that sync to Xero as invoices will have taxes applied based on Xero's built in tax settings. This data will not sync back to Handshake. The only way to display a tax equivalent on your orders in Handshake is to modify the order confirmation template to include the math calculation necessary to produce the desire results. Information on modifying the confirmation templates can be found here.
If you have additional questions regarding the setup and configuration of the Xero integration with Handshake, please email our support team at your earliest convenience.