Handshake Direct Online offers the ability to create customer group-specific content via the HTML markup editors found within your Handshake Direct Online setup page. These targeted messages and content can be placed on your Handshake Direct home page, the order editing page, the customer help page, and the customer downloads page. Writing customer group-specific content can ensure you're always delivering the right message to the right customer.
Common Use Cases
- Communicating order minimums that vary based on customer group.
- Informing international customers about additional shipping expenses.
- Providing customer group-specific downloads like catalogs and promotional materials
- Differing promotional discounts across various customer groups.
- Sharing different help and contact information with different customer groups (international versus domestic helpline or contact information).
- In order to make the most of this feature, you should already have customer groups set up within your account. Information on customer groups can be found here.
- In the example below, we are using an account that has three customer groups: "US" for US-based customers, "UK" UK-based customers, and "HVR" for high volume retailers.
How To Create Customer Group Specific Messages
As mentioned above, messages can be targeted to specific customer groups in any of the markup editors within your Handshake Direct set up pages. In this example, we are going to take a look at the Customer Catalog Ads & Promotions editor:
Notice the preview area that accompanies each HTML editor. Once you include a data-customer-group tag, you'll be able to preview how the banner will appear for each different customer group.
On line 4 we have <div data-customer-group="US">Receive a 15% discount on your order</div>. In the preview box we are seeing the display of this banner as if a customer from the US customer group was browsing the catalog.
On line 5 we have <div data-customer-group="UK">There is a minimum $50 shipping charge for international customers</div>. In the preview box we are seeing the display of this banner as if a customer from the UK customer group was browsing the catalog.
If you have any additional questions about creating targeted messages for your customer group, please email our support team.