Once you've signed up for Handshake, you'll want to create users for those who will be signing in and connecting to your Handshake account. This would either be an admin user overseeing account activity via Handshake Hub, or your reps who are signing in via their iPad or iPhone using Handshake Rep. This article will cover Adding users first, but click here if you want to jump down to information on managing your existing users.
Adding users can be done from within the Account Overview page of Handshake Hub via the Users pane. Please note that the Account Overview section can only be accessed by an Admin User. Click on Users...
Then from the top right corner of the page click where it says Add User.
You'll be brought to a form where you will determine the:
- Email - This is the email address used as the log-in name for Handshake Hub or Handshake Rep.
- First name - The first name of your user. This will be visible through various aspects of the Handshake platform.
- Last name - The last name of your user. This will be visible through various aspects of the Handshake platform.
- Is admin - Choose Yes if the new user you are adding should have access to all components of the Accounts Overview page. This includes the ability to view and modify billing, credit cards, user and device session information. Choose No if the new user should not have access to this account information.
Once filled out, click where it says Save on the bottom left side of the page. The user will receive an email with further instructions to set up their password.
Once users have been created within your account, there are a number of settings you can configure from within the users page by clicking on the drop down arrow to the right of any existing user.
- Deactivate/Activate - If a user is active, they are occupying one of the available user licenses on your subscription. The ability to activate or deactivate a user gives you the flexibility to alternate sales reps on a seasonal basis without having to change the total amount of user licenses on your Handshake account.
- Put in own group - This refers to our User Groups feature which is exclusive to Handshake Professional. User Groups enable you to set in place a system of territory management and apply visibility restrictions as to which reps are able to see specific customers and their corresponding orders.
- Set as billing contact - this sets a user as the primary billing contact
If you click on one of the users email log-ins on the left hand side of the page, you'll be brought to their specific user profile where you can modify the information you provided when creating the user, in addition to a few other options.
- Force Password Reset - If your user forgets their password for Handshake, you can send them an email with instructions to reset their password
- Delete User - If you find that a user should no longer be in your account in any capacity, you can delete them from the account. If this user has written any orders you will be prompted to associate the corresponding orders with a different user within the account
- New Password - If you want to manually reset the password for a user as opposed to sending them the email, you can do it from this page as well.
- Confirm Password - Type in the new password again to verify it is correct. Make sure to click 'Save' in the bottom left corner when complete.
- API Key - This is a feature that applies to users on Handshake Professional and enables you to build integrations between Handshake and any additional software you may be using in conjunction with it (providing they also offer API access).
If you have any additional questions about adding or managing your users, be sure to email our support team who will be happy to assist.