Being able to leave notes on a customers profile allows you to log customer meetings and track meeting details. It's built right in to the customer details page and enables you to both build and maintain a historical record for each of your customers at all times. There are two types of notes you can leave on a customers profile; location specific visit notes or a general customer note.
- Increase Sales Management Transparency - Identify execution gaps with the ability to provide real-time rep feedback and improve overall sales team effectiveness
- Improve Customer Service - Be prepared for meetings, document next steps for follow-up, report feedback on performance and quality, and integrate buyer information from back-end systems
- Gather Insight - Capture customer business strategy and deliver the right products and samples for the next meeting.
- Maintain Customer Compliance - Monitor in-store merchandising and keep accurate records of customer commitments.
Writing customer notes
1. You'll notice that on the customer details page you now have a section for customer notes with the option to add a new note.
2. Once you tap "Add New", you can choose a general note or a visit note. Let's start with writing a visit note by tapping on the ship-to address that this note is being written for.
3. This particular location needs a restock on items in addition to replacing a broken display model.
4. In addition to location specific notes, we can leave a general note that may apply to all locations for a given customer.
5. For example, you want to give your customer a special promotion for a period of time. Any sales rep that has visibility on this customer will be able to see the note.
6. Once you've added notes for a customer, you will have the option to view and edit them.
Exporting customer notes
Customer notes can be exported via the bulk import/export page found within your Handshake account. Click toward the bottom of this page where it says "Show advanced options" to reveal the customer notes exporter.
If you have any questions about customer notes please contact our customer support team.