If you use Handshake Direct Online or Mobile, then you have the ability to create buyers. Similar to Customers, they can be created with the bulk importer on Handshake Hub. Using the bulk importer to create buyers will bypass email invitations when setting up buyers who will order directly from you.
The Handshake buyer import is similar to the Customer Importer. Go to the bulk import page and click Import to see a sample import file and what each column is.
The basics of the buyers spreadsheet
- Customer (required) - The customer that this buyer will purchase for. This can be the Handshake Customer ID or the ID that you send over from your own CRM or ERP.
- Email (required) - The email address a buyer will use to log in and out of your direct online and/or mobile platform. You must use a valid email address to create a buyer.
- First Name (required) - The buyer’s first name.
- Last Name (required) - The buyer’s last name.
- Password (optional) - Passwords are required for new buyers and cannot be blank. If you leave an existing buyer on your spreadsheet and try to submit another import, you will receive a warning message and that buyer will be ignored by the import, as passwords cannot be changed or reset through this import. For security reasons, passwords will not be visible when exporting buyers.
Note: You cannot use this feature to reinvite buyers who have a pending invitation. You are able to cancel their invitation in order to use this feature.