MailChimp is the world's leading email marketing platform. Customers use it to send more than a billion emails per day. This free integration allows you to sync your products, customers, orders, and inventory to your MailChimp list.
You'll need to have a MailChimp account to sign-in on the integrations page. You can grab one here.
If you haven't used an integration with Handshake before, you will be prompted to enter in your address information. Otherwise, your integration will begin installing automatically.
Once the integration is installed on your Handshake account, you will need to connect to your MailChimp account. We use MailChimp's secure OAuth 2.0 authentication procedure, so you will be redirected to their site to sign-in, and then back to Handshake once this is complete.
Once you are logged in, you will be presented with the integration settings:
- Sync Inventory? - If 'On', inventory quantities from Handshake will sync to MailChimp. This is useful information, but only if your inventory in Handshake is up to date. Be warned, this could make your sync take longer.
- List Permission Reminder - reminds your subscribers why they were added to this mailing list.
- Campaign Default From Name - default name from which your emails to this list are sent.
- Campaign Default From Email - default email from which your emails to this list are sent.
- Campaign Default Subject - default subject on emails to this list.
- Campaign Default Language - default language for emails on this list.
- Notify On Subscribe - an email address to notify when new users subscribe.
- Notify On Unsubscribe - an email address to notify when new users unsubscribe.
- Syncable Status - Orders in this status will sync from Handshake to MailChimp.
- Sync schedule - how frequently the sync will run.
- Automated schedule - If 'On', the sync will run on the sync schedule. If 'Off', it will have to be run manually.
Once the sync runs, you should see your contacts and their order history in your MailChimp account!
If you have any questions about MailChimp, their help docs will do a better job than I ever could. Enjoy!